Tuesday 24 July 2012

Upcoming Projects

Just thought I'd post a little update on up and coming posts and projects.

I finally got around to doing the Sari Maxi Skirts but we've just got an 8 week old Kitten who is a bit crazy in that cute kitten-y way and he's taking up a lot of time and likes to sit on the keyboard so typing a blog post is a touch challenging. LOL

But I will get around to it. I've learned a few lessons about the fabric and about my lack of knowledge re: sewing machines too so it should be funny if nothing else...

I've also had the chance to put together a list of projects I will be working on in the next few months:

1) Refashionism part 1 - HUGELY inspired by Jillian - the Refashionista - I have a HUGE collection of old, damaged, ugly clothes and I am starting to see the useful items they COULD be. First project is something pretty simple - turn two too-short T-shirts from Primark into one much longer and therefore wearable shirt. I also have some ideas for exercise tanks from Simon's old T-shirts.

2) Slipcovers for our Dining chairs - the aforementioned Kitten is wrecking our cheapo fake leather dining chairs. We didn't buy them, we acquired them with the house but until we can afford to replace the pain-in-the-arse glass table (they are an ARSE to keep clean aren't they?) and the matching chairs we'd like to keep them serviceable. Hence, slipcovers that little Enzo can wreck with his teeny weeny claws

3) A 'Thneed'. That's the best way to describe it. It's a long scarf with sleeves to wrap around you. A Thneed

4) Terracotta pot planter and bird table Although once the aforementioned teeny weeny isn't quite so little I might just have to make it an interesting planter instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment